Thursday, March 02, 2006

X2

Film: X2
Director: Bryan Singer
Year: 2003
Quick Glance:
Mutants find themselves at the edge of a war.

------------------------
------------------------

What is this X2 you say? Have you seen it? Well, X2 is just a fancy way to say X-men 2 the sequel of the first X-men movie. I actually love the X-men franchise. I think the characters are creative. I always think the movies are kind of a tease, because I see glimpses of people and their powers and I want to know more! I want to know their histories and their futures and all about their powers. Of all the super hero movies, I really love the X-men the best. So there, my bias is out on the table. Not only are the powers create, but the relationships are complicated, people change sides, and the lines between good and evil are never clearly delineated. To me that makes the stories more real, more complicated and just more interesting.

This film is a little more about Wolverine or Logan and some hints about his claws. We also have a new character named Nightcrawler, who was set up to kill the president. The guy who set him up has a grudge against all mutants and wants them all dead. He kidnaps some and tries to set forth on his evil plan.

The storytelling in these films is just amazing. I don’t know what they do, but they capture me and don’t let me go until they go. I do get kind of annoyed with their little hints there, little hints there, we’ll tell you in the sequel kind of things. But really over all, I just leave wishing I could see more, hear more, read more about the X-men. I find my self drawn into their world and wishing I could know all I can. To me, that is fantastic storytelling. And I find that even though this is a sequel, it doesn’t feel like it. It doesn’t say, “I’m continuing the story” Instead, it could be a stand alone film without the first one. So there you know it, I’m crazy about X-men.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home